Well, I am here to tell you that I have finished my pillow for my super secret swap partner. Wanna See...
I think it turned out REALLY nice. The block was adapted from one that I found in a book called 120 Patterns for Traditional Patchwork Quilts. The book is dated 1984. The original block was named "Loop The Loop" and was based entirely off of a 2" square (except for the 2 HST) that made up the "turns".
I didn't want to fight trying to match all those seams, so I adapted the block so I could instead use the following pieces
- 2" x 5" rectangle
- 2" x 3 1/2" rectangle
- 2" x 2" square
- 3" x 3" square (this measurement results in some waste for the HST)
This made for less seams and corners to try and match. Here are some of the "in progress" photos that I took along the way.
And once again, here is the finished pillow...