The lovely ladies at Janie Lou helped me pull the right assortment based off of my inspiration, grabbing bolts here and there until we had the proper arrangement. The hardest part was finding the right shade of teal, and the addition of the black print at top made all the difference.
Fabrics from top to bottom:
- Summersville Spring by Lucie Summers for Moda
- Collage by Carrie Bloomston for SUCH Designs
- BasicGrey for Moda
- Botanics by Carolyn Friedlander for Robert Kaufman
- Stella -272 by Dear Stella
- Storybook by Kate & Birdie Paper Co. for Moda
- Essential Dots for Moda
- Signature Linen by Kate & Birdie Paper Co. for Moda
And the Tea Towel in the background is from Poppy Treffry, I bought it at Anthropologie a while ago.
What will become of this fabric?
It is the centerpiece of my presentation/collaborative activity at the St. Louis Science Center on Saturday, June 7th - where I'll be piecing improv blocks on site, and looking for audience participation. [Read more here - Where Art & Science Meet].
So, what are your plans for the Memorial Day weekend...otherwise known as the "unofficial" start of Summer? I'm in desperate need of some time with my sewing machine; but otherwise, maybe I'll actually start work on my bedroom again, we'll see.