Here is a before shot.
In some previous posts, I referred to the room as Alien since it reminded me of the cute little blue and green aliens from Toy Story.
Here is what was done:
- Removal of chicken wire, yes I said chicken wire. It was part of the closet
- Removal of sliding closet doors, broken door and framework
- Moved 2 electrical outlets due to previous poor location
- Several coats of Kilz, the absolute best primer in my opinion
- Removal of nasty carpet
- Removal of a handful of misc. screws, nails, picture hangers from the wall, since I could finally see them since they weren't blue and green anymore
- Raise floor of closets to make them look more like built-ins.
- Clean and paint window framework white
- Recreate old style window trimwork and paint white
- Paint everything
- Lay down new, shiny hardwood floor
- Recreate old style baseboards and paint them white
- Hang blinds, curtains and move in furniture
So are you ready for the after shot.
It's like a completely different room isn't it.